Sunday, June 26, 2005

Tomorrow Never Knows

Two weeks ago I was looking forward to a few days off from work, a few days of rest and relaxation and time with the family. It started with the day at King's Island on Aaron's 3rd birthday, then one final day of work. We had a nice visit to the in-laws and a few hours at the beach on the lake there. We came home Thursday and I paid a visit to Granny in the nursing home. I went back to work on Friday, then had the weekend off again. Since we spent the day at KI on Aaron's birthday, we put off having a party for him until the following Sunday.



Just before noon on Sunday, I got the phone call that Granny had passed. It was Father's Day and the day we were to celebrate Aaron's Birthday. Instead of postponing the party, we decided to have it and celebrate both lives. Granny wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Granny was a dear, sweet person who lived a full life. She never had a bad thing to say, cared about everyone and was always smiling every time I saw her. Although she was weak and could hardly speak, I'm glad I got to spend what little time I could with her last week. I'll miss her dearly.


Turn off your mind, relax
and float down stream
It is not dying
It is not dying

Lay down all thought
Surrender to the void
It is shining
It is shining

That you may see
The meaning of within
It is being
It is being

That love is all
And love is everyone
It is knowing
It is knowing

2 comments:

kc said...

You've had a lot going on. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother - grandmothers are so special!!

Aaron said...

I must have missed this post earlier. I'm sorry to hear about this. You have my and Emily's condolences. Grandmothers are indeed very special.