Monday, June 06, 2005

Had a great weekend

We went to a cookout/informal wedding reception Saturday and sat outside in the warm air, under the shade while the kids played in the sandbox. I ate way too much finger food and regretted it later. I got home and barely made it to see Star Wars with my dad and brothers, although I missed the first 10-15 minutes thanks in no part to a malfunctioning ticket printer at the boxoffice. I'll see it again, though. Despite a couple of hokey moments of dialogue (wookees screaming like Tarzan, Darth Vader scraming like a wuss), I really enjoyed it. The closing scenes sent chills up my spine. Sunday I spent several hours at the pool with the kids and got some much needed sun, then dinner at mom and dad's. Happy birthday Rhiannon! Back to the grind today.

Today is June 6, 2005, the 61st anniversary of the invasion at Normandy.

No comments: