Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Nightwaves Update

The Nightwaves schedule is final. I'll start things off on Friday at midnight. At 1:30 I'll pass the mic to my esteemed collegue and all around great guy Troy. Dave and Jeff will take over at 3am and 4:30am respectively. Mike will start off Saturday night at midnight followed by Steve, Lori and Michelle. I got goosebumps hearing the promo on the air this afternoon and it got me psyched. I really wish I could be there both nights. If it was any other weekend, you bet I'd be there Saturday too, just to hang out.

I started going through my music last night to pull stuff to play, trying to assemble a rough playlist. Back in the day, I used to just show up and browse through the library and pull things out at random. I'd pull out whatever I was in the mood for that night and fit the pieces together with any of the new music that came in that week. I'd often look back at a 3 hour playlist and amaze myself. 99% of the shows I did were completely unplanned until a few songs before. Unfortunately, I don't think I ever kept a single playlist - don't know why. It's been a bit difficult to be back in the Nightwaves frame of mind trying to pick songs to play a week ahead of time. I'm fairly confident it'll be a rockin hour and a half anyway.

No comments: