Friday, July 22, 2005

Dinosaur recap

Holy crap. Lou walked on and said "We're gonna have fun tonight". Didn't I say that yesterday? We were both right. They played all old Lou-era Dinosaur Jr. stuff, including Freak Scene and Just Like Heaven (how could they not?). Around the time they played these two a relatively polite mosh-pit broke out. It was great to see J., Lou and Murph back on stage together after all this time. J. absolutely shredded my ears from the opening chords of their set to the last. There wasn't much talk between songs, which was fine by me. They all looked like they were having a good time, especially Murph, who worked his ass of. I almost didn't go because of budgetary constraints, but at the last minute I scored free tickets from someone who had won them from woxy.com. So, thanks to Ikyoto and woxy.com for the free ride.

Now if I can only find a way to get this fishbowl off my head.

2 comments:

BULLSEYE said...

Your blog rocks!!!

kc said...

Glad you got to go see Dinasaur Jr. - sounds like it was incredible! Love those guys!