Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Top 10 of 2005


I went through the list of new albums that I've listened to this year and counted up about 60 of them. Keep in mind that of those 60, I have listened to about 50 of them in the last 3 months. These 10 do not necessarily represent my favorites of the year, but they are the ones that have been played the most for one reason or another throughout the year (be it the mood that I'm in at the time or whichever one I could randomly grab and put in the car stereo while keeping my eyes on the road). I have several albums that I'm sure will get repeated listens over time, but there is just not enough time in the day to listen to all of them and give them the immediate attention that they deserve. I hate ranking albums, because they all have their own merits that would trump those of another. So, in no particular order, here are my top 10 albums of 2005:

Bob Mould - Body of Song
Underneath Days

Spoon - Gimme Fiction
The Beast and Dragon, Adored

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
The Price of Gas

Death From Above 1979 - Romance Bloody Romance
Romantic Rights (Erol Alkan's Love From Below Re-edit)

The Wedding Present - Take Fountain
It's For You

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Howl
Ain't No Easy Way

The Evens
You Won't Feel a Thing

Calla - Collisions
Swagger

American Analog Set - Set Free
Cool Kids Keep

New Order - Waiting For the Siren's Call
Hey Now What You Doing?

No comments: