Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A Kid's Eye View

Have I mentioned how creative Emma is? She's bossy when she plays with Aaron, but not in a mean way. It's more like she's giving instructions and directions on how to act, what to say, what facial expressions to make - all from a 4 year old mind. Of course, Aaron, being younger, goes right along with it and plays to her instructions. It's amazing to watch them interact. I keep saying that Emma's going to be a movie director one day.

Tonight, I stood outside their bedroom listening to them play. I heard them talking and acting like they were camping in the woods. Emma was telling Aaron to stay in his tent while she goes out to the lake to get some water. She told him that she's going to leave the room and come back acting like she saw a bear at the lake. Next thing I know, she comes around the corner and I was busted. I asked her where she was going and she said - "to the river to get some water". So, I said "go on, pretend I'm not here". She walked by me, went into the bathroom, then comes running out acting like she's seen a bear. Curious, I looked into the bathroom and this is what I see...



Emma says "It's a bear at the lake with a fish in his mouth"

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Haha. That's hilarious. I can't wait to tell stories like this, too.

kc said...

here's a Rakes review for you:

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/reviews/article305853.ece